Benefits For You
- To be directly involved in shaping the Community’s direction of travel;
- The opportunity to become a Charity Trustee by getting elected as a Council member;
- To have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others;
- To feel valued and part of a team by taking part in various Community activities;
- To gain new skills, knowledge and experience through volunteering work; and
- To meet new people, make new friends, and get to know the local community.
Benefits For The Community
- There is strength in numbers – the more the members the stronger the Community’s voice and ability to deliver services for common benefit;
- The minimal membership cost is a substantial financial contribution to the Community’s income, which in turn helps the organisation sustain its activities; and
- The richer the member base, the more opportunities for networking and fellowship amongst the members.
Becoming a Member
Subject to the qualifications for membership as defined within HCE’s Constitution, you can become an HCE member by completing the form that can be found here. Once completed, please do forward it to the Community’s Secretary.
The membership fee is £10 for each calendar year. The annual membership fee for students or the unemployed is £5.
Please note that you may request to be exempted from paying the annual membership fee, if you cannot afford it due tο financial hardship.
Annual Membership Fee Payment Methods
- Via bank transfer – Bank of Scotland, Account Name: The Hellenic Community of Edinburgh, Sort Code: 80-22-60, Account no: 13020563
- Via bank cheque – write a cheque to “Τhe Hellenic Community of Edinburgh” and send via post to the Treasurer (Michalis Tsagkarakis, 26 Greenend Gardens, Edinburgh EH17 7QF, Scotland, UK)
- Via paypal – paypal account: [email protected]
- Via SMS – text HCE10POUND to 70085 or text HCE5POUND to 70085 (student or unemployed membership)